Benefits of Infant Massage Include but are not limited to:
- A wonderful way to keep baby healthy and happy.
- Great way to bring parents and baby closer together.
- Will help parents understand and communicate with each other.
- Benefits the baby’s heart, breathing, digestion and blood circulation.
- Helps prepare baby’s body for physical activity and improves overall mobility.
- Massage encourages muscular coordination and flexibility and helps as the baby stretches, moves around and grows.
- Helps babies relax and fall asleep.
- Increasing baby’s (and later child’s) ability to relax will help with the pressures of growing up.
- It’s a wonderful gift to give at an early age.
- Makes parent’s feel good because baby loves it and looks happy.
- For mothers, touching and massaging can stimulate milk production and help her to relax.
- Fathers benefit, too, because giving a massage is a special way to become closer to their baby.
Would you like to learn more?
Pressure, rate, rhythm, the length of the massage, respect, bonding, baby’s body language, positioning of the baby, relaxation and parent empowerment are some of the skills and topics that will be discussed.
This class is a true gift for any parent wanting to deepen the bond with his or her little one.
Click here to learn more about Infant Massage Classes.